With its onsite office, PSAV Presentation Services is proud to serve as the exclusive in-house rigging contractor for the facility’s meeting and event rooms, and ready to handle all of your rigging requirements. Allow us to assist you with our CAD and rigging expertise. Our experienced production riggers use PSAV on-site inventory of hoists, truss, hardware and scissor lifts to manage your event – from initial design to load out – saving you time and money.
The facility is equipped with a permanent rigging system. As part of a comprehensive overhead safety and risk management program, the system is periodically load tested and inspected. PSAV is required to approve all rigging designs and provide the rigging labor necessary to load in and load out any equipment attached to the facility’s rigging system.
Contact us soon to start the rigging-planning process and we'll discuss:
- Ballroom Rigging Standards
- Rigging Equipment Guidelines
- Best practices
Here’s how to plan with PSAV for your rigging needs:
- A Schedule Rigging Services form must be submitted with a scaled rigging plot 20 days prior to load in (31 days prior to load in to avoid penalty rates). If the form is received less than 20 days prior to load in, double time rates will be charged. See "To Order Service:" at the bottom of this page to learn more.
- Rigging plots must contain all flown equipment in addition to a reflective ceiling plan with hang-points. Please use our CAD file (available for download below) as your design template.
- If a rigging plot is received by our offices which does not respect the hotels rigging regulations, the client has the option to either redesign their event or have our offices redesign the event at a cost of $75 per hour.
- All drawings must be received electronically. Hard copies will be accepted in a scale of no smaller than 1/8"-1’.
- The Ballrooms are equipped with permanent rigging points rated for 1000 lbs. Please refer to the CAD files for exact locations of the rigging points. There is NO RIGGING OTHER THAN THE PERMANENT RIGGING POINTS INSTALLED.
- No rigging is allowed from the air-wall tracks.
- PSAV must make all connections to the ceiling or supporting structure of the hotel.
- Only a PSAV rigger may move flown equipment.
- Additional weight cannot be applied to flown equipment after PSAV riggers leave the room.
- Under no circumstances may a person be suspended, walk or climb upon any point or supporting structure attached to the ceiling.
- PSAV will exclusively operate the Counterweight (fly-rail) system.
- PSAV will decide the number of riggers required for your event.
- PSAV will make all connections to the ceiling and assist your staff in attaching those connections to your truss and equipment. Please contact our offices for clarification of what services and equipment we offer to assist you in a safe and cost effective event.
- PSAV will not "dead hang" items over 100lbs or 10' in length with a scissors lift. Chain hoists or crank towers must be used.
- A scissors lift is required for all rigging calls at the hotel. PSAV has lifts on site and available for rental. All lifts used in this facility must have white, non-marking tires and be in good repair. Construction or outdoor lifts will not be allowed in.
- All equipment and materials flown must pass ANSI guidelines and be approved.
- Any dynamic (moving) element requires an arrester device.
- A steel "safety" is required on each individual item suspended with a nylon sling.
- All nuts and bolts used overhead must be rated and all wire rope clips and overhead hardware (eyebolts etc.) must be forged, unless approved by PSAV.
Rigging Chain Motor Charge (greater than 100 lbs.)
• Advanced notice = $135 each ( half ton hoist)
• 21 days notice or less = $145 each ( half ton hoist)
Rigging Point Charge (All Chain Motors Require a Rigging Point / "Dead Hang" less than 100 lbs.)
• Advanced notice = $50 each
• 21 days notice or less = $60 each
Scissors Lift Daily Rental
• Advanced notice = $200
• 21 days notice or less = $250
Scissors Lift Weekly Rental
• Advanced notice = $500
• 21 days notice or less = $600
Rigging Labor Rates
Riggers - Four-hour minimum required
• Advanced notice = $75 per hour
• 21 days notice or less = $85 per hour
Banner/Sign Hang (4'x 6' or smaller)
• Advanced notice = $450 (up to 3)
• 21 days notice or less = $550 (up to 3)
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. = Straight Time
Monday - Friday, 5 p.m. - Midnight = Time and 1/2
Monday - Sunday, Midnight - 8 a.m. = Double Time
Saturday, 8 a.m. - Midnight = Time and 1/2
Sunday, All Day = Double Time
Holidays*, All Day = Double Time
*Holidays = New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr Birthday, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
**Service charge will be applied to all rigging.
Follow the links below to download file of meeting-space diagrams. During your event's design phase, please contact PSAV regarding specific rigging requirements for your event.
Follow this link to complete an online order for rigging services