PSAV Presentation Services is proud to serve as the exclusive in-house rigging contractor for Gaylord Opryland's meeting and event space. With an office located onsite, our Rigging Department and experienced production rigging personnel are equipped to handle all of your rigging requirements. We are even available to assist you from initial design to load calculations with our CAD and rigging expertise. PSAV saves you time and money by utilizing our on-site inventory, including hoists, truss, hardware and scissor lifts to manage your event.
As part of a comprehensive overhead safety and risk management program, the facility’s permanent rigging system is periodically load-tested and inspected. PSAV’s Rigging Department is required to approve all rigging designs and provide the rigging labor necessary to load in and load out any equipment attached to the rigging system.
Contact us soon to start the rigging planning process and we'll discuss:
- Ballroom Rigging Standards
- Rigging Equipment Guidelines
- Best practices
To plan with PSAV for your rigging needs
- Your Rigging plan must be certified and approved no less than 21 days prior to load in of equipment in order to qualify for the Advance Show Rates. A “Schedule Rigging Services” form must be submitted with a scaled rigging plot including instrument count and weight loads in sufficient time to allow for review and adjustments. We strongly suggest that this form be submitted 45 to 30 days prior to your load in to meet this deadline. If your rigging plan is NOT certified and approved 21 days prior to load in, over-time rates will be charged. See "To Order Service:" at the bottom of this page to learn more.
- Rigging plots must contain all flown equipment in addition to a reflective ceiling plan with hang-points. Please use our CAD file (available for download below) as your design template.
- If a rigging plot is received by our offices and does not meet the hotel’s rigging regulations, the client has the option to either redesign their event or have our offices redesign the event at a cost of $80 per hour.
- All drawings must be received electronically. Additional hard copies will be accepted in a scale of no smaller than 1/8"-1’.
- The Ballrooms are equipped with permanent rigging points rated for 1000 lbs. Please refer to the CAD files for exact locations of the rigging points. There is NO RIGGING OTHER THAN THE PERMANENT RIGGING POINTS INSTALLED.
- No rigging is allowed from the air-wall tracks.
- PSAV must make all connections to the ceiling or supporting structure of the hotel.
- Only a PSAV rigger may move flown equipment.
- Additional weight cannot be applied to flown equipment after PSAV riggers leave the room.
- Under no circumstances may a person be suspended, walk or climb upon any point or supporting structure attached to the ceiling.
- PSAV will exclusively operate the Counterweight (fly-rail) system.
- Surface shields carpet protection (polytak) is required in the ballroom spaces for both load-in and load-out, as well as all carpeted AV storage rooms. It can be provided by PSAV, or or may be brought in by the production company. All polytak must be removed and disposed of by the production company's personnel before the end of the event.
- Please Click Here to review the Hotels Current Production Guidelines.
- PSAV will decide the number of riggers required for your event.
- PSAV will make all connections to the ceiling.
- Please contact our offices for clarification of what services and equipment we offer to assist you in a safe and cost effective event.
- PSAV will not "dead hang" items over 100lbs or 10' in length with a scissors lift. Chain hoists or crank towers must be used.
- A scissors lift is required for all rigging calls at the hotel. PSAV has lifts on site and available for rental. All lifts used in this facility must have white, non-marking tires and be in good repair. Construction or outdoor lifts will not be allowed in the hotel.
- All equipment and materials flown must pass ANSI guidelines and be approved by the PSAV Rigging Department.
- Any dynamic (moving) element requires an arrester device.
- A steel "safety" is required on each individual item suspended with a nylon sling.
- All nuts and bolts used overhead must be rated and all wire rope clips and overhead hardware (eyebolts etc.) must be forged, unless approved by PSAV.
- All chain motors. rigging hardware, and truss must be supplied by PSAV.
ALL RIGGING COSTS ARE CHARGED DAILY.
A 1 Day Event Will be billed as 1 Billable Day
2, 3 & 4 Day Events Will be billed as 2 Billable Days (2-day week)
5, 6, & 7 Day Events Will be billed as 3 Billable Days (3-day week)
Usage beyond 7 days will be billed in addition to the weekly rate
ALL TRUSS, MOTORS, POINTS, GAC and SHACKLES are EXCLUSIVELY PROVIDED BY PSAV AT THIS LOCATION.
Current service charge and tax will be included in the final rigging propsal.
Rigging Point Charge with Motor (greater than 100 lbs.)
• Regular rate = $225 each/Day (includes Rig Point, .5 ton hoist, GAC and Shackles)
Rigging Point Charge (less than 100 lbs.)
• Regular rate = $55 each/Day
Truss Daily Rental Rate
• 12"x12" Box Truss = $6.50/linear foot
Contact PSAV for pricing on other truss types.
Scissors Lift Daily Rental
• Regular rate = $315/Day
Scissors Lift Weekly Rental
• Regular rate = $945
*Additional charges may apply for atrium equipment
Weekly Rates Available
** 24% service charge is applied to all equipment charges.
Rigging Labor Rates
Riggers - Four-hour minimum required
• Regular rate = $90per hour
• Lead Rigger rate = $95 per hour
*Riggers work in minimum teams of 3 (2 up, 1 lead)
**High Steel Riggers work in minimum teams of 4 (2 up, 2 down)
***Rigging and specifically High Steel Rigging in public space such as atriums and lobbys requires that a safety zone be created under the active rigging area. This may require the services of the Hotel Safety and Security office. Additional charges may apply.
PSAV does not provide Safety Harness' as a rental Item at this location. Please ensure your operators have their own harness as needed.
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. = Straight Time
Monday - Friday, 5 p.m. - Midnight = Time and 1/2
Monday - Sunday, Midnight - 8 a.m. = Double Time
Saturday, 8 a.m. - Midnight = Time and 1/2
Sunday, All Day = Double Time
Holidays**, All Day = Double Time
** 9.25% State Sales Tax is applied to all applicable services and rentals.
**Holidays = New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Follow the links below to download file of meeting-space diagrams. During your event's design phase, please contact PSAV regarding specific rigging requirements for your event.
Delta Ballroom - DWG, PDF, JPG
Governors Ballroom - DWG, PDF, JPG
Presidential Ballroom - DWG, PDF, JPG
Tennessee Ballroom - DWG, PDF, JPG
You must complete the following online order for rigging services to officially begin your rigging request.